Friday, April 22, 2011

Prophecy for the Philippines Series - Cindy Jacob

Let me have here a list of Prophets and what they say about the Philippines and what we should do as nation. First one is Cindy Jacob on her last visit. 

Cindy Jacob 

Widely recognized as a prophet to the nations, Cindy Jacobs is the President and Co-Founder of Generals of Intercession, a missionary organization devoted to training in prayer and spiritual warfare.  She is the author of three best-selling books, including Possessing the Gates of the Enemy, The Voice of God, and Women of Destiny.  Her testimony is composed of excerpts from her book Women of Destiny.  To purchase her books or for more information, check out her website at www.generals.org.  To contact Cindy usegenerals@generals.org
 Cindy's Testimony
The year was 1950, and a struggling seminary couple knelt in earnest prayer.  They were presenting a very special request to God.  It seemed strange for them to ask such a thing in light of their present  circumstances.  "Lord," they prayed, "please give us a baby girl."  They had lost a child through miscarriage and already had a precious son.  God answered their heartfelt petition in August of 1951, and that is how my journey began.
 I've always been deeply touched by that story.  It has given me a sense of destiny and purpose through many turbulent times as a woman minister.  Perhaps the Lord knew I would need the extra confidence that such a blessed beginning gives so I would have the strength to finish the course God had set out for me. 
People sometimes pose this question to me, "Cindy, did you ever dream you would be traveling around the world speaking to thousands of people when you were a little girl?"  The answer is no.  I had absolutely no inkling.  However, I have always had the sense of God's hand on my life for something very special, even as a tiny child.  Maybe there are those of you who have felt something similar.
The man who influenced my life the most as a child was my daddy.  I adored my daddy as I grew up.  He was a Baptist church planter and had a passion for starting churches.  During those days, we didn't have an understanding of the role of the apostle in the church, so Dad rather puzzled us.  We would start a church and once we got it going he'd get this itch to move on.  As you can imagine, I moved quite a bit.  I guess it could have really messed me up except for one factor--there was a lot of love in my family.
When I was nine, I went to church camp in Prescott, Arizona.  It was there, in my afternoon quiet time, that I surrendered my life to the Lord.  I knew I needed to "make it public." The moment finally came that evening when the speaker gave the invitation.  Wafting through the night air came the strains of the camp song I loved, "I Have Decided to Follow Jesus"..."No turning back, no turning back."  I knew I couldn't turn back.  Feeling nervous and a little embarrassed, I moved out and quietly knelt at the front.  My heart was bursting with love for the Lord, "I will go Lord--anywhere.  Just tell me what you want me to do."  At the end of the invitation time, one of the workers handed me a commitment form to fill out.  I sat down and studied the boxes: pastor, evangelist and missionary.  I wasn't sure about missionary, but I never dreamed I could be a pastor or evangelist, so I signed up with the Lord to go to the mission field. 
When I was 31 years old, God touched me and told me to pick up my cross and follow Him in taking the gospel to the nations.  Well, I had a terrible struggle accepting the call.  The wrestling with God began in earnest when I realized God was not negotiating.  He wanted me to preach, not my husband, Mike.  The war was on!  I gave the Lord plenty of reasons why I couldn't possibly preach.  "God," I pled, "Didn't You notice that I am the wrong gender?  Besides, Lord,"  I whined further, "I don't like women ministers.  They have those high, squeaky, unpleasant voices."
The next horrible thought that zinged through my brain was, Oh, God!  What about my children?  Some people don't like women ministers.  I don't want anyone to hurt my kids.  I'm afraid my next statement wasn't very religious: "God, I'm not laying my children on the altar of any ministry." 
For nearly a two-year period, I paced the floor after everyone was asleep at night, fighting the call.  Finally I said yes to God and accepted His call.  I figured I was safe.  I lived in Weatherford, Texas--population 12,000.  How could anyone find me there?  Right? Wrong!  God can find you anywhere.  You can read the details in my book Women of Destiny.
Still, there were temptations to go my own way.  Early in life, I begged my parents to let me take piano lessons.  I loved music, and I honestly believed I had discovered my niche in life.  I completed my bachelor's degree in music and went on to study a fifth year for my Master's in teaching music.  Years later, after I had begun my ministry, I was offered a job teaching voice at a Bible school.  My desire to take the job was so strong that I had a hard time hearing God's will for me.  Even though my schedule was full of speaking engagements that I'd have to cancel, I still wanted the job.  Finally in the wee hours of the morning, the Lord gently instructed me to finish the course by preaching the gospel, not by teaching music.  I heard Him say in a still, small voice,  "Cindy, the call to music is the call of your soul, but the call of your spirit is to preach the gospel."
Many people ask me, "Cindy, why has God used you all around the world for His kingdom"?  Well, it's not because I'm more gifted than most or a better speaker.  I earnestly believe it is because when there were obstacles in the way of what God called me to do, I trusted Him to make a way where there was no way.  Has it been easy?  No.  Has it been worth it?  Yes! 
Ladies, you may at times have unique challenges in pursuing your destiny, but your attitude along the way will make or break you.  If you choose bitterness or anger, or get eaten up inside with how unjust the system is or how prejudiced some men are against women, then you will never survive in the ministry or be successful in your life either. 
It takes a lot of courage to follow the call of God--many times, more courage than you can personally muster.   This is why you need to have an intimate walk with the Lord. 
Obstacles are inevitable.  There will be storms.  And, friends, sometimes God doesn't take the storm away-He just tucks us in the eye of the storm where we will be protected from its raging. (1)

0 comments:

Post a Comment


In Demand Business during Covid19